Saturday, August 6, 2011
An Ungrateful Hawker....
When I was walking home, it suddenly started to rain. The raindrops went "Pitter patter, Pitter patter!" I darted across the street and sough shelter in a food court.
As it was lunch time, there was long snake-like queue in front of every stall. I headed to the fishball
stall. The hawker was an elderly man who was looking grumpy. His hair was an entangled in mess grey.
When it was my turn, I orded a fishball noodles in soup. The hawker told me to sit down and wait.
To my horror! The hawker picked up two fishballs which had dropped onto the wet and greasy floor and put them into my bowl of noodles.Appearently he thought no one had seen him. Smillingly,he waved and beckoned to me.I stormed
towards him, my face turing red with anger. "How could you do this! You put dirty fishballs into my
bowl!" The hawker denied vehemently but I continued to rant and rave he finally admitted." Yes, I've done it so what do you want?" " I want my money back!" I demanded.
The hawker dig his hand into a metal tin and pulled a two dollar note. He muttered some curse under his breath and thrust the money into my hand and turned away.the queue in front of his stalldispersed almost immediately .Gloating I turned and walk to the chicken rice stall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment